Let me start this by saying one thing out of the chute: Typically, I’m not a fan of frozen meals. Normally, they don’t leave me feeling full, satisfied, or all that healthy. I’ll eat them when I need a quick meal or don’t have time to cook. Or, especially on a week like this one, where Sarah is out of town and I’m on solo parenting duty all week long.So, this week, I had the chance to rely on my brand-new wingman: STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals. Because I’ve always been hesitant and unsatisfied with frozen meals, I didn’t have high expectations for these ones. All that being said, let’s get down to business, shall we?
STOUFFER’S has six varieties available:
- STEAK FAJITA in smoked red chile sauce with a mix of red & green peppers and seasoned brown rice
- CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN white meat chicken with a black bean & corn mix, seasoned brown rice and a verde tomatillo sauce
- ROTISSERIE SEASONED TURKEY with a mix of diced red skin sweet potatoes & green beans
- MONTEREY CHICKEN with diced red skin & sweet potatoes, lightly buttered green beans with BBQ style sauce
- BOURBON STEAK with chipotle mashed sweet potatoes, seasoned broccoli & red peppers
- OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN with diced red skin potatoes, seasoned broccoli and a savory wine sauce
I had the Steak Fajitas and will be digging into the Monterey Chicken this evening. I have to be totally honest–I was overwhelmingly happy with the food. It cooked in about seven minutes, had a very generous serving size, and it tasted really good, too!
Typically, frozen meals don’t leave me full. I’m usually looking around for something else to munch on when I’m finished. Not this time. I was full. And honestly, I came close to not being able to finish the whole thing. Every one of the 14-ounce meals contains at least 25 grams of protein, which is phenomenal–especially for someone looking to eat healthier–and cut out carbs.
Sarah is going to be out of town again in a couple weeks, and I totally plan on picking up a few more STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals for that week. They’re honestly perfect for the nights with little time to cook a good, healthy meal.
Disclosure: I have partnered with Life of Dad and STOUFFER’S® for this promotion. I have received compensation and product for my participation, but my opinions are my own.